Guide on Income Tax Returns in Pakistan
Pakistan’s official income tax department ‘FBR’ (Federal Board of Revenue) has strict parameters to collect taxes. The latest tax recovery announcement for the year 2022 is due by September 30, 2022. So, you must pay your income tax returns before the due date. Here is a Complete Guide on How to File Income Tax Returns in Pakistan. FBR provides a convenient easy-going tax payment process through its IT-backed process. In this perspective, FBR has launched an online tax payment portal. All you need to do is to learn how to pay taxes through the online FBR portal.
Official Online Process to File Income Tax Return in 2022
Filers can easily put up their taxes online by logging into the official Federal Board of Revenue website. While non-filers can register with filing the case by logging onto the same website. Here we go to how you can file tax returns in Pakistan.
FIRST LOGIN TO IRIS PORTAL AND FILE INCOME TAX RETURNS
An already registered filer can register income tax returns by logging into Iris. Iris refers to an online portal launched by FBR integrated with the official website where the income tax return is filed.
- Enter a registered username and password into the given feeds.
- In case the user forgets his or her password, s/he should click on ‘Forgot password’ and recover the password through the instructed method.
- Once the user has successfully logged into the portal, hit left-click on or tap on(if you are using an input touch screen) the ‘Declaration’ menu on top of the e-portal.
- Now choose the tab under Forms which labels: ‘114(1) Return of Income Filed Voluntarily for 1 Year)’
- For the current tax year Click on the Period tab, where you need to insert the Tax year.
Tax w.r.t Employment
For the respective employment taxation, a page “Employment Section” will open up, where an employee(you) click on it to:
Select Salary Tab
Enter Your annual income in the prescribed box in the Total Amount section.
If the salary you have entered is below the amount that is exempted from tax, you must mention it under the heading ‘Amount exempt from tax’
- Once you are done with the previous process.
- Now click on Calculate button
- Provide total tax, the amount exempt from tax and subject to total tax in input feeds.
- click on Calculate button to know how much tax you are liable to pay.